Our training, your way

You’ve made it to management, but now you’re not sure what to do?

Don’t worry, you are not alone. Just 39% of new managers receive formal training, leaving 61% with no training at all, this means that as a result, 51% reported they felt unprepared for their first management role*. This leads to a huge problem with ‘Accidental managers’ which is a term used for those promoted into the role without formal training. This has left as much as 60% of new managers in a position to underperform in their roles or even fail within their first two years.

But there are things you can do to take control of your future. It’s up to you to #MakeYourMark and lead!

How do you make your mark on your team?

We can’t tell you how to be the perfect manager, but if you read on we have a few pointers on how to better connect with your employees, and motivate them to be the best versions of themselves!

Delegation

Many bosses feel that they need to control everything that their employees do. This is not the way to do it! You have your own workload to get through. When delegating your workload you multiply the amount of work you can accomplish, whilst developing your employees' work skills and confidence.

Set goals & recognise achievements

Goals give employees direction and purpose. Set specific and measurable goals with your employees, then regularly monitor their progress toward achieving them. There’s no better feeling than completing a goal and getting that sense of achievement! There’s also no harm in giving small rewards that cost little to no money when tasks are completed, they’ll appreciate it more than you know!

Make time for your employees

Management is a people job. If an employee or co-worker needs to talk to you, put your work aside for a moment, put down your smartphone, and focus on the person standing in front of you.

Don't take it too seriously

Despite all the responsibilities that come with running a business, successful leaders make their businesses fun places to work! Businesses that work hard and play hard end up with a more loyal, and more energized workforce.

If you need, or would like, further information about management Apprenticeship related questions, please send us an email at enquiries@pgon.co.uk or call us on 0800 783 2545.