Who is this apprenticeship suitable for?
This apprenticeship is ideal for you if you wish to become an Advanced & Creative Hair Professional and you are progressing from the Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship, or have previous qualifications and are working in an associated supervisory role, which provides support for qualified professionals.
Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals are creative, passionate, and driven professionals who work without supervision, managing themselves and others when required. They provide a quality service, whilst working to the highest standards and continuously developing their personal and professional skills.
An Advanced and Creative Hair Professional works in the hair industry, which is one of the largest, most trusted and fashion-forward professions. They take ownership of their work and client lists, accept responsibility, are proactive, flexible and adaptable, plan their work and time, they aim for excellence by taking exceptional pride in their work and industry.
The work environment can be varied in size, style and ambience, from a bespoke salon, the media industry, cruise ships, product houses and manufacturers to luxury high-end hair salons. They are highly skilled and experienced individual professionals who deliver hair fashion forward trends, which are innovative styles inspired by current images and their own creativity, individual flair, imagination and interpretation.
This apprenticeship is suitable for: Creative hair stylists, Advanced senior stylists, Senior hair professional or Specialist technicians
Level of qualification on completion: Level 3 Diploma for Advanced and Creative Hair Professional
End-point assessment organisation: VTCT
How long will this apprenticeship take to complete: 12 months apprenticeship + 8 weeks End Point Assessment
Cost: Non-levy employer contribution (5%) - £250 & levy paying employer contribution - £5000
What will you learn on the apprenticeship?
While completing your Advanced & Creative Hair Professional Level 3 you will learn to provide a quality service, whilst working to the highest standards and continuously developing your personal and professional skills.
As an Advanced and Creative Hair Professional, you will learn how to take ownership of your work and client lists, accept responsibility, are proactive, flexible and adaptable, plan your work and time, and aim for excellence by taking exceptional pride in your work and industry.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will learn the following subjects…
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion
- Maintaining effective and safe methods of working
- Use products, tools and equipment in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers’ instructions and salon policy
- Researching, creating, planning and promoting fashion-forward trends
- Factors that influence hairstyle designs and their target audience
- Adapting a range of sectioning and cutting guidelines, involving precision techniques and technical skills, to enhance a collection of different looks
- Imaginative colour conversion services to change depth and tone
- Carry out in-depth consultation and complex analysis of clients’ hair
- Provide a soothing, strengthening service to clients
- Present showcases via a variety of media types and platforms
We are rated as a ‘Good Provider’ by Ofsted
We are committed to delivering an outstanding teaching and learning experience. Our apprentices and employers benefit from our 20 years of experience, and the accreditations we have that certify our commitment to the apprenticeship sector.