There is currently a shortage of DVSA accredited MOT testers across the UK. Becoming an MOT tester gives you a unique set of skills, allows you to take on more business and makes you stand out from the crowd if you are looking for a new job.
To get started you need to have a Level 3 Automotive Qualification/Accreditation, and approximately 3 – 4 years’ experience working as a technician within a garage to ensure you are familiar with the techniques for vehicle servicing, inspection and system diagnosis. Our assessors have experience in a variety of senior automotive roles and will guide you to perfect your MOT routine in the practical sessions, as well as offer guidance for your online examination.
Once you have this – give us a call on 08007832545 to enrol on our next course.
To enrol on this course you must have:
- A current and full UK Driving Licence in the class of vehicles they wish to test
- 3 – 4 years experience work on a class of vehicles you wish to test
- No ‘unspent’ convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT Testing Scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- Good communications skills in English
- 4 days with a dedicated MOT instructor
- Understanding safe working practices in the Vehicle Test Centre
- How to carry out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- How to carry out statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- How to manage own professional development as an MOT tester
- How to maintain good working relationships within the Vehicle Test Centre
- Final examination preparation and support
Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (Course: 3428-02
City and Guilds
SIMILAR APPRENTICESHIPS IN THIS SECTOR
Autocare Technician Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Level 3 Apprenticeship
Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Advanced Level 3
Would you like to learn about advanced heavy vehicle maintenance and get paid while learning? Enjoy on the job training with Paragon Skills’ advanced level Heavy Vehicle Maintenance apprenticeship. Work with industry experts, gaining first-hand knowledge and gaining a valuable insight into the industry
Business Administration Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship
The level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship is designed with a variety of administrative roles in mind, including receptionists, junior legal assistants and any role involving supporting the organisation in terms of administration.
Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Are you a good communicator and love helping people? Develop the skills you need to become a Customer Service Assistant. Expand your practical knowledge alongside your customer service and 'people' skills, to excel in this energetic and fast-paced industry.
Customer Service Specialist Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
The Customer Service Specialist Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard will provide you with an excellent platform to increase your skills, knowledge and experience in a customer-facing environment.
Team Leading Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship
Team Leader / Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Management Higher Level 5 Apprenticeship Standard