05 Dec Audit Business Partner – Remote
We are proud to be one of the UK’s leading training providers. Our enthusiastic people bring genuine passion and natural energy to everything that they do, and through their infectious energy, they motivate and inspire our learners to succeed.
It has never been a more exciting time to join Paragon Skills as we continue on our journey of growth. Working nationally with small and large clients, we develop their talent at all levels. Our apprenticeship programmes integrate seamlessly with our clients’ ways of working, processes and training to support their strategic goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Business Partner to join our Funding & Compliance team to assist and contribute to our audit strategy and work closely on all internal and external audit and compliance activities.
With your experience in carrying out financial funding audits and your knowledge of Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) Apprenticeship funding, you will facilitate and manage the data integrity at Paragon Skills to meet all external funding body requirements. You will identify and implement changes to simplify and improve business processes and assist the Head of Funding & Compliance to improve provision across the company.
We provide a highly competitive salary, as well as great benefits through Paragon Choices and excellent training and development to support your progression through our Academy.
What will you be doing?
- Carry out audit and compliance checks of internal teams, subcontractors and partners as required
- Identify and implement improvements to business processes as required in order to overcome particular challenges or issues
- Provide effective training and development of funding requirements and business processes to the wider organisation
- Liaise with Learner Administration team to ensure key processes meet funding body requirements
- Pro-actively engage with key stakeholders to ensure issues with key business processes are understood and work in partnership with them to develop effective solutions
- Provide support, advice and guidance to employers, subcontractors and partners as required
- Assist the Head of Funding & Compliance on external PFA and funding body audits
- Use external PDSAT & FRM reports and internal exception reports to identify and minimise risk
- Work towards agreed KPIs
- Assist and contribute to an effective audit strategy
- Identify and communicate funding body requirements and lead on the development and implementation of changes as required in order to ensure compliance
- Assist the Head of Funding & Compliance / Lead Auditor with cross-organisational communication in order to guide and support as required regarding funding body rules and contractual obligations
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Provide Information, Advice and Guidance to all clients that enables them to make informed decisions to meet their goals and objectives
- Be aware of GDPR legislation and comply with all data protection requirements
What we need from you:
- Experience in carrying out financial funding audits and knowledge of government funding rules and contractual obligations
- Sound knowledge of ESFA funding rules for Apprenticeships
- Effective communication skills with the experience of communicating across a national remote organisation
- A strong background of implementing change across a large organization
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to uphold data privacy and data protection at all times
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative by planning, organising and prioritising your own workload
- Confident in providing advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders as well as facilitating training and development
- Natural affinity with analysing data and problem solving
- Solutions focused with strong influencing skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and motivational skills
- Able to achieve deadlines and targets
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work collaboratively and positively in a remote team
- Proactive and positive outlook to challenges with a drive to succeed
- Level 2 English and Maths (GCSE grade 9-4 or A-c)
- An audit related qualification or the willingness and drive to work towards this in the future
- Use of a car and clean driving licence
- Able to work flexible hours and commit to overnight stays as and when required
We are a Disability Confident Employer and have a guaranteed interview scheme in place to ensure that nobody is overlooked or discriminated against because of their disability. If you meet the minimum criteria when you apply and you have informed us in your application that you have a disability, you will be guaranteed an interview for that role.