05 Dec IT Technician – Bournemouth
We are proud to be one of the UK’s leading training providers. Our enthusiastic people bring genuine passion and natural energy to everything that they do, and through their infectious energy, they motivate and inspire our learners to succeed.
It has never been a more exciting time to join Paragon Skills as we continue on our journey of growth. Working nationally with small and large clients, we develop their talent at all levels. Our apprenticeship programmes integrate seamlessly with our clients’ ways of working, processes and training to support their strategic goals.
As a key member of our IT Team, based in our head office in Bournemouth, you will provide technical support for onsite and remote colleagues, assisting in various departments and troubleshooting technology issues. You will maintain computer equipment and assist with updates as well as enforcing policies to promote data (GDPR) security. You will also assist colleagues to remedy basic computer technical issues.
Your valuable support will play a vital part in delivering our pledge of delivering an outstanding teaching and learning experience to every learner, every time.
We provide a highly competitive salary, as well as great benefits through Paragon Choices and excellent training and development to support your progression through our Academy.
What will you be doing?
- Install software and hardware systems, including new equipment/ users, Windows operating system, anti-virus programs, Office 365 applications, and other tools commonly used by colleagues
- Support the efficient running of IT communications network, performing various duties depending on current requirements
- Liaise with our outsourced IT support company to ensure the smooth running of our IT infrastructure by making sure the support is delivered and monitoring the network
- Uninstall old programs and clean/ re-image desktop and laptop computers
- Assist with the maintenance of asset management for all technology equipment within the company
- Repair and/ or assist with the secure disposal of technology equipment
- Support all equipment moves, cable installation etc. in current premises
- Adapt quickly to changing circumstances, new standards, and requests by the company
- Act quickly in crisis situations so the company can resume normal operations as soon as possible
- Be aware of GDPR legislation and comply with all data protection requirements and legislation
- Contribute to the overall quality improvement process of the company as required
- Various other IT tasks as required
- Provide information, advice and guidance to colleagues to enable them to make informed decisions to meet their goals
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Consistently demonstrate our Paragon cultural and behavioural values
What we need from you:
- Competence in loading and reformatting Windows 10 Pro
- Experience of Office 365 and recent Microsoft office products at a moderate user level relevant to current versions of the company operating system
- Experience with configuring
- GCSE ICT, English and Maths Grade A – C or equivalent
- A level / BTEC ICT qualification or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be professional
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to cope with large volumes of work and meet deadlines
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
We are a Disability Confident Employer and have a guaranteed interview scheme in place to ensure that nobody is overlooked or discriminated against because of their disability. If you meet the minimum criteria when you apply and you have informed us in your application that you have a disability, you will be guaranteed an interview for that role.