18 May Skills Tutor – Health & Social Care – Midlands / North
Job title: Skills Tutor – Health & Social Care
Location: Midlands / North – home based with occasional travel required
Salary: From £26,000 per annum depending on experience (Plus KPI bonus of up to £6,000)
Helping talent thrive.
It starts with our winning team.
Our handpicked, trusted people demonstrate their specialist knowledge in all that they do, and through our infectious and transferable passion and energy, we motivate and invigorate those around us to be the best they can be.
Paragon Skills are an Ofsted Grade ‘Good’ provider, winning awards such as Care Services Apprenticeship Provider of the Year in 2021 and being awarded Gold for both Investors in People, and Investors in Young People. We are very proud of these successes, which have earned us the title of one of the UK’s leading training providers.
About the role:
Using your passion for learning and development, you will effectively balance this dual role by supporting both a reduced caseload of learners and driving outstanding quality improvement across your team of Personal Tutors.
This role is about having an excellent understanding of the principles of quality improvement and a track record of positively impacting the learner experience.
Throughout the whole learner journey, you will provide practical solutions and support to your team in the delivery of innovative teaching and learning. You will champion regular feedback and continuous improvement methodologies from learners including through Learner Voice.
What we need from you:
· Teaching qualification (AET, DET, Cert Ed, PGCE)
· Minimum of Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English
· Relevant occupational competency within the sector, at supervisory or management level
· Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
· A strong track record of supporting learners through End Point Assessment
· Ability to manage a caseload of learners with varying learning requirements
· Positive and solutions focused approach to tasks and challenges
What’s in it for you?
Paragon Skills is an inclusive, welcoming and supportive place to work with a fantastic culture which supports your own learning and development and career growth. In addition to this, we are proud to offer Paragon Choices, our suite of optional and core benefits including life assurance and income protection. We also have the following benefits available for all colleagues:
· 31 days annual leave, including a Christmas closure, increasing with length of service and a holiday purchase scheme
· Perkbox – a suite of lifestyle benefits and wellness tools
· Recognition and long service awards to celebrate our colleagues’ commitment to Paragon Skills
· Colleague referral bonus payments
· Three days paid volunteering leave and corporate conscience initiatives
· Going for Gold incentive scheme – up to an additional £6,000 per annum in KPI related bonus can be earned
We are a Disability Confident Employer and have a guaranteed interview scheme in place to ensure that nobody is overlooked or discriminated against because of their disability. If you meet the minimum criteria when you apply and you have informed us in your application that you have a disability, you will be guaranteed an interview for that role.
To promote and maintain an inclusive working environment, as part of your application process we will ask you to share data on certain characteristics. These answers will not form part of the selection and recruitment process and will not be shared with anyone outside of the People Team.
Paragon Skills is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of our learners and colleagues and we implement robust safer recruitment practices to support this. Dependant on the role you are applying for, we may undertake a number of necessary checks to confirm you are suitable to work with children and vulnerable adults, which may include a Disclosure and Barring Service check. We are also committed to promoting equality and inclusion throughout our colleague and learner populations.