05 Dec Skills Tutor Health & Social Care – South East/ London
We are proud to be one of the UK’s leading training providers. Our enthusiastic people bring genuine passion and natural energy to everything that they do, and through their infectious energy, they motivate and inspire our learners to succeed.
It has never been a more exciting time to join Paragon Skills as we continue on our journey of growth. Working nationally with small and large clients, we develop their talent at all levels. Our apprenticeship programmes integrate seamlessly with our clients’ ways of working, processes and training to support their strategic goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Skills Tutor to join our team in the South of England. Using your passion for learning and development, you will effectively balance this dual role by supporting both a reduced caseload of learners and driving outstanding quality improvement across your team of Personal Tutors.
You will continuously monitor and measure learner and team progress in order to drive improvements. Throughout the whole learner journey you will provide practical solutions and support to your team in the delivery of innovative teaching and learning. You will champion regular feedback and continuous improvement methodologies from learners including through Learner Voice.
We provide a highly competitive salary, as well as great benefits through Paragon Choices and excellent training and development to support your progression through our Academy.
What will you be doing?
- Motivate and develop your caseload of learners to achieve their work-based qualifications through great teaching and learning
- Plan engaging teaching and learning through a variety of different methods including planned, progressive visits and reviews
- Carry out impactful, regular and ongoing coaching and support sessions with Personal Tutors to improve the quality of the teaching and learning experience throughout the whole learner journey
- Undertake regular observations through various methods to drive quality improvement
- Deliver best practice sessions and coaching to individuals, groups and/or teams when required
- Support the Operations & Quality Manager on developing Schemes of Work and provide the relevant support when required for new and existing qualifications
- Support the development of current and future learning resources to continuously add to our curriculum offer
- Provide technical advice and support on apprenticeship standards and qualifications to key stakeholders within the business
- Be a champion and communicate regular updates relating to the Health and Social Care sector to be at the forefront of changes to apprenticeship standards and relevant qualifications
- Support and quality assure workshop delivery via methods such as observation, learner interviews and Bud portfolio sampling
- Support with EQA visits where relevant
- Work closely with the End Point Assessment team to effectively support the transition of learners through gateway and EPA
- Contribute towards the Self-Assessment Report and Post Inspection Action Plan, as and when required
- Play an active role in welcoming new colleagues to the business and provide training and support during their induction period
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Provide Information, Advice and Guidance to all clients that enables them to make informed decisions to meet their goals and objectives
- Be aware of GDPR legislation and comply with all data protection requirements
What we need from you:
- An excellent understanding of the principles of quality improvement and a track record of positively impacting the learner experience
- Excellent vocational competency in your field
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- A track record of building relationships and developing others to achieve success
- In depth knowledge of work based learning
- A commitment to your own personal professional development
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and the highest level of integrity
- A high level of personal drive and the ability to meet challenges in a positive way
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload and flexibility to travel to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to promote innovation in learning and all aspects of includED
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to energise and motivate others
- Positive and solutions focused approach to tasks and challenges
- Confident decision maker that takes responsibility for your choices
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work positively, think on your feet, enthusiastic and a cando
- The ability to prioritise, be self-motivated and assertive
- Appropriate level qualification relating to your Health & Social Care (L3, 4, 5)
- AVA or equivalent
- AiET or equivalent
- Level 2 English and Maths
We are a Disability Confident Employer and have a guaranteed interview scheme in place to ensure that nobody is overlooked or discriminated against because of their disability. If you meet the minimum criteria when you apply and you have informed us in your application that you have a disability, you will be guaranteed an interview for that role.